The Haig-Brown Centenary Celebration raised awareness of the values and vision of Roderick and Ann Haig-Brown among British Columbians and visitors to British Columbia through events, creation of new works, projects and activities spanning the worlds of arts, social justice, conservation, education, and angling.
The Province of BC issued a Proclamation recognizing the celebration of the life time achievements of Roderick and Ann Haig-Brown.
Haig-Brown Centenary Committee
The Celebration was coordinated by the Haig-Brown Centenary Committee. Committee participants included representatives of the following organizations:
Haig-Brown Institute (www.haigbrowninstitute.org/hbi.html)
Stewardship Centre for BC (http://www.stewardshipcentre.bc.ca/)
The Museum at Campbell River (http://www.crmuseum.ca/)
The Greenways Land Trust (http://www.greenwaystrust.ca/)
The role of the Committee was to raise awareness of the values and vision of the Haig-Browns. Some mechanisms to achieve this included:
- Collaborating with organizations to develop a roster of activities to take place during the centenary year.
- Developing a logo for distribution to approved events and activities,
- Establishing legacies to promote the values associated with the Haig-Browns,
- Recognizing efforts of those working in areas of shared interest with the Haig-Browns,
- Raising the profile of official Centenary programming,
- Hosting and leading selected events
Honourary Patrons: Robert Bateman, OC, OBC David Suzuki, CC, OC, OBC The Honourable David Anderson, PC, LLB The Honourable Iona V. Campagnolo CM, PC, OBC
Robert Bateman, OC, OBC
David Suzuki, CC, OC, OBC
The Honourable David Anderson, PC, LLB
The Honourable Iona V. Campagnolo CM, PC, OBC